If we ever speak on the phone, chances are I am mindlessly doodling (or doing laundry). I think I am a second generation doodler. I am a bit shy to share this, for I have no formal training but have developed a strong kindergartner technique.
This was my doodle today during a workshop - I later colored it with my daughter's Magic Markers to share with you :)
|Hillside Landscape Doodle|
I don't know why, but swirls have shown up in my doodles for only a year now (drawn in my sun). Since I was a kid, I mostly doodle flowers, mountains, and random shapes. I just noticed that for the first time my typical mountain peaks now look more like rounded English hills. Interesting...
And without giving it any thought, I doodled the red Fly Agaric mushroom that I had thought existed only in fairy tales - but they have them here! I am in a mad search for a glimpse of this magical mushroom and cutie-pie hedgehogs. Let me know if you have any tips on where I could spot them...
Inspired by Kate's expat list at Across the Pond with the Loeckens, here is my own list I thought you might enjoy
'You Know You Are Living In England When...'
- You pay $150 to fill the gas tank (and you are okay with it)
- The 'meter reader' guy pops by unannounced to read the meter in your house
- The grocery cart performs 'doughnuts' in the aisle, whether or not you want it to
- You miss boxed Mac & Cheese, effective laundry stain-remover, and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
- You have to try to speak with an English accent to be understood
- What had been a mundane task in your home country is now a huge adventure
- You surrender to the impossibility of memorizing the multitude of phone numbers with their infinite digits
- Pigeons & parakeets frequent the backyard
- Book club meetings are with the author, at a pub, and/or in the actual historical location
- Your daily commute is through the woods past swans, weeping willows, and a charming church built in the 1800s
Today is sunny, so I must go now and enjoy the 'sun shower' :)
Have a lovely day!
[You're Invited! If you enjoyed this post, please consider following: www.HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com ]