15 September 2010

Pedicure with Fins

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK


Yesterday I enjoyed getting lost in the hidden nooks and alleys in Camden Markets, filled with international stalls.

Everything was interesting and good until I stumbled upon what looked like a fish tank of minnows. Hmm, random but whatever. 


And then I took a closer look


What???!!! Check this out!


'OMG, are you kidding me?!' 
Then I begged the stall owner to dip his hand in 
(I wasn't about to)



Craazzyy! I have no idea what entrepreneur pursued this one, but good for them. 

Turns out these little guys are garra rufa fish which originate from the hot springs and river basins in the Middle East - giving pedicures for centuries, exfoliating and treating psoriasis & eczema along the way.

I wasn't mentally prepared to give this a try at the time, but now I think I need to give this a go next time. Let's see, after I pee in my pants from laughing so hard, who knows?, it could be the best pedicure yet.
Certainly the most interesting.

Source: WondaFish.com

[You're Invited! If you enjoyed this post, please consider following: www.HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com ] 

XO 
Laura

11 comments:

Lisanne624 said...

Dang! I'll bet that would tickle! I'll be interested to read about it if you're brave enough to give it a go.

OF SPRING AND SUMMER said...

Hi Laura,
Thank you for your visit to my blog. I am now also a follower of yours. See you on BYW.
All the best.
Ingrid x

JoAnn said...

Laura...that is just so dang crazy! I think we should go, have a few drinks first, then take the plunge! :)

Laura said...

I'm a girl that spends a large chunk of her life shoeless... this doesn't bode well for the old feet...so, if I could get by the weirdness of this, them little fish would sure get a good meal... even writing this is making my tummy queasy... Lx

Karin said...

LOVE IT! You must do this and let us know. Could be the next "big thing" over here and we can make gazillions.

Brit Gal Sarah said...

Oooh I read about this online awhile ago and the reviewer said it was the BEST pedi ever. And it's cheap!! But I have really ticklish feet, so it could also be a nightmare.

You HAVE to go for it, if only for the blog fodder!

Robynne's Nest said...

I think I'd rather use a good exfoliater! But you be a brave girl and give it a try...can't wait to see your reaction!

Melissa K said...

That is hilarious! I think I'm with you Laura, in maybe needing a bit of mental preparation before I'd be ready to commit myself to a fish pedicure!
Hope you're having a lovely weekend,
Melissa

Chuzai Living said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I have seen these pedicure with fins in Jakarta, but I have not tried it yet. How funny! How nice you live in London! My husband and I visited London 8 years ago. We loved it. He's a big fan of British football/soccer, so he wants to live in England! xo Kaho

The Loeckens said...

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have been eating lunch while reading this entry. I wonder if I could dunk my baby in the water to help with eczema. Might be cheaper than the £8 sample-size bottle of lotion I found at Lloyds.

Danielle said...

I'd love to do this! I tried it with the fish in my pond last summer... had to put bread between my toes lolol... didn't work. They do bite though, oh I feel a blog post brewing.

Oh.... and while I am here, I gave you an award!