11 November 2010

Happy 'Winds Day' this Thursday

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

Today was the first day of miserable weather - windy, wet, and cold. Truly blustery! Then I thought of English-born Winnie The Pooh, which made me smile. Ah, I am in good company :)

The Kids and Me Walking After School

Pooh tells Piglet, ''I think I shall wish everyone a happy 'Winds Day' ''. Piglet later says, ''I don't mind the leaves that are leaving. It's the leaves that are coming.'' I imagine this uncomfortable weather inspired A.A. Milne to write Winnie The Pooh and The Blustery Day. And it inspires me to write today. It is quite something! 

As I walk through the terrible weather, I imagine a cute little bear and pig right behind me saying 'Oh, bother!', which makes it all better :)

www.Wikipedia.org
Yahoo Images

XO Laura

12 comments:

Raine and Sage said...

Great take on the blustery weather. Seems best to do as Pooh would and enjoy it, then go inside for some warmth, a cup of tea and honey on toast. xx

JANE said...

Just delightful, sweetie. I love your whimsical and humorous take on life! J x

Emily said...

This makes me smile! Hold on piglet!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh I love winnie the Pooh and this is such a cute picture of a "blustery" day. Totally charming.

Daydream Living said...

Goodmorning Laura,
Being a fan of Poeh and his friends, it made me smile to read this. And this lovely weather of rain and wind has reached us also... pff.... So indoors it will be for today. Have a good weekend!
Maureen

Robynne's Nest said...

Laura, Gorgeous post....love winnie the pooh! The weather is certainly deteoriating and it's so warm in Australia!
Robx

Maggie said...

There was some wonderful humour in Winnie the Pooh wasn't there?

Maggie said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Could I ask, did the autumnal photos post come up first, or the more recent splash of colour one? It's just that I am having problems with the order the posts appear in, and obviously can't tell if I do it myself. Thanks

Maggie said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Could I ask, did the autumnal photos post come up first, or the more recent splash of colour one? It's just that I am having problems with the order the posts appear in, and obviously can't tell if I do it myself. Thanks

Privet and Holly said...

Funny, my daughter and
I were just talking about
some of her favorite TV
shows from early childhood
on the way home from her
music lesson yesterday, and
one of them was Winnie the
Pooh on the Disney Channel!
Always love the wise little
characters from this classic.
Stay cozy!
xx Suzanne

Bethan said...

Oh Laura, I'm afraid that I have to tell you that this kind of a day will be very common for the next few months! Find yourself some warm hats, earmuffs and gloves, wrap up and enjoy! X

JoAnn said...

:) My piglet would be yelling to Pooh through the windstorm...."What the F--- Pooh! Tell me WHY we live here again?!?!" :)