05 November 2010

Tromping Through Autumn

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

The last few days have been really warm (big smile), so I grabbed my furry photographer assistant, and he brought his very happy tail. We tromped through the woods together and got lost. But only a few times. A healthy lost.

I think the Autumn Show is at it's peak right now. Here are a few pics...

Local House: So I have a crazy big love for this house. I don't know who lives here or anything about it. I just know I love it every time we drive by it {sigh}. I may need to Christmas carol or trick-or-treat this house just for a closer look :)


Local Woods: I found this grove on Wednesday, and had a hard time finding it again yesterday. I really do believe that if there are fairies, they live in England. It feels so magical here.

Can't you just picture fairies hiding and giggling behind these trees?

Local Park: I don't know if you can see the elderly couple sitting in the chairs. I hope this is my husband and me when we've lost our teeth but not our spark.


Local Landscape: The English call this season Autumn, not Fall. 


Local Drive: Goofy me sticking a camera out the window while driving. I just couldn't help myself! (Out of view, you can't see the mothers with babes sprinting to safety when they saw me coming)



Somewhere I read about a book called 'A Field Guide To Getting Lost' by Rebecca Solnit. I love the irony of the title :) Perfect for my lostness in the woods and when driving around town. Hey, I even get lost in the grocery store just looking for mustard (above the frozen goods, of course)!

What would the title of your 'field guide' be?

XO Laura

19 comments:

Frau S said...

My goodness you live in a beautiful area!

ohabbyreally said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos. I love 1,2 and 4. x

topchelseagirl said...

Great photos, especially the one of the woods! Just found your blog and am enjoying seeing England through your eyes.

Emily said...

Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us! My first instinct is to feel a tinge of jealousy. And then I'm just so excited that I get to share in your experience by viewing your lovely photos! Thanks again! I love your blog and always look forward to reading the latest post!

fairchildstreet said...

My field guide would be "Happiness is best when shared" which is exactly what you are doing. Thanks for sharing. Charmaine

Raine and Sage said...

Oh how I'd love to see inside that house. It's so large! I agree the UK is quite magical & there must be fairies; I think it's something to do with the light, softer - unlike here where it's SO BRIGHT!! No teeth but a spark. I want that too (ideally with teeth though). :) xx

Laura said...

You've gone and done it again... you've made me homesick!!! Enjoy the beautiful English countryside... Perhaps you should try and sell 'lucky heather' to the beautiful house... just so you can get a closer look ;-)
Lx

La Vie Quotidienne said...

It is so beautiful there! I can understand your love affair with the house...very interesting.(-:

Bethan said...

Like Laura, you've made me homesick as well....I just love those Autumn colours and the woods certainly look magical. Enjoy. X

thewhitechair said...

So pretty! I love your photographs! And too funny: driving while snapping pictures while mothers grab their children. I do that too... (drive with camera in hand AND gather my children if a stranger is clicking away) :)
blessings
deborah

topchelseagirl said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. Yes my title is Smiths related!

Robynne's Nest said...

Hi Laura, love your autumn photos (we call it autumn in aus too)...have been out and about today taking photos around the village, but not a lot of colour left. Am heading off tomorrow to some woods hopefully to get some better shots. And yes, I too, still get lost in the supermarkets here, can never find what I'm looking for as I still struggle with some of the packaging!
Have a great weekend, Robx

Privet and Holly said...

Thank you for
the smile that
you've given
me this evening...
From the lovely
fall colours,
to the idea of
finding mustard
by the frozen
food....It's
so much fun to
be on this adventure
with you!
xx Suzanne

Daydream Living said...

Hi Laura,
This is a funny post, and getting lost is my expertise.... Give a cuddle to your furry companion and enjoy the Sunday.
Maureen

*Maristella*. said...

Hi Laura...questo luogo รจ davvero meraviglioso...lovely!
Io spero di poter venire a visitarlo!!
Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

JoAnn said...

Ah Laura...how have I survived all these years without knowing you?!?! You are such a breath of fresh air in my new "UK" world! :) Thank you for being such an INCREDIBLE friends! I love your photos! You captured some definite beauty! That forest picture is gorgeous...perfect lighting...and I believe fairies do live there! I just enjoyed Robin Hood the other night....England is a magical land! We must go and explore together someday! T would love it too! Oh...field guide...hmmmmm....that's a tough one! :)

Meg and Mum's said...

What a gorgeous place. I love the woods especially! Makes you want to frolic through them :)

ksharonk said...

This is just gorgeous ... thank you for sharing your adventure! :)

Heartfire At Home said...

Laura, those pictures are breathtaking.

I have a real 'hankering' to visit England one day... I sort of 'feel it in my bones' that I would just love it. And, Autumn is my absolute favourite time of year. I decorate my home with Autumn colours all year around, and the first original bit of art work I bought was a painting of autumn leaves.

And, those woods, with the carpet of leaves... sigh, I'd LOVE to be there wandering around and just experiencing what it felt like.

Thanks so much for linking this post up to the 'linky' on my site. So great to discover new and wonderful blogs like yours.

Linda. xox :)