29 January 2011

Squeal!

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

The day I failed my driving test, all was not lost. My inbox announced that Kelley from Bad Hausfrau gave me a blogging award. Kelley, your timing was impeccable! Thank you, thank you :)  I am honored




If you have a chance, visit her 'Notes from a Clueless Housewife'. I just love this photo of the 'bookstore cat'


[image: Bad Hausfrau]

Now for those of you having a 'Johnny Cracked Corn (and I Don't Care)' moment, just turn away. But let me bask in the glory of being noticed and feeling loved for just a brief moment

So in order to accept the award, I need to write 7 interesting things about myself. Grab your tea (or your blindfold); here we go...

1. My happy place is Costa Rica. I lived there for 2 years, post-college. In my next life, I hope you'll find me living in the rainforest as a bird. Two of my favorite photos, pre-digital era:





2. My newest product idea is to bottle English rainwater. Sell it to Anglophiles? Good for the garden? Great face tonic? My husband encourages me to not spend too much of our savings (or time) on this endeavour. But I am taking orders now :)

3. When I was in high school, I wanted to be a professional water skier. Or at least compete or go to a ski camp. I still have a fetish for those floral swim caps


[Google Images]


4. My Hollywood cuties are Ashton Kutcher (cool factor), Matthew McConaughey (Texas drawl), Hugh Grant (goofy). And yes, I did have to look up how to spell their names correctly. Except for Hugh's :)


[Google Images]


5. You know I have crazy love for photo editing online with Picnik. I just discovered the 'Touch Up' section. Play around with the airbrush, mascara, and thinning features on a few photos. Hollywood magic at your fingertips. Better than sliced bread. And I do love warm bread and a really good burger (that's No. 6)

7. As of yesterday, I am the proud passer of the UK Driving Theory Test! A big WOO HOO! Popping the cork now...

The last part of the award is to pass it on to another blogger. There are so many blogs I am loyal to and adore. However I must choose, so I give it to Sarah (with an H) from Modern Country Style who lives in the Cotswolds (lucky girl). Somehow the fates have connected us, as we live parallel lives. Yet we hope that our 'parallelity' will defy mathematics and intersect with a meeting one day soon.  Her blog is not only a feast for the eyes, but humorous and uplifting too.

With a spring in my step, wishing you a delightful weekend, my friends

 

25 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Yay for you!! Go get them out on the roads, soon!! Tee hee, i often wonder how to spell Hugh Grant's name too. Love Posie

Raine and Sage said...

Congratulations Laura on the award and passing the theory test.
English rainwater? I'm intrigued. Alot of people do this in Tasmania and it sells for a lot of money. I've seen how and where they do this and it looks like money for jam.

Melissa K said...

Congratulations on your stylish blogger award - I love Sarah's blog as well, so I think a very worthy recipient to pass it on to :)
Well done about your driving test success, you must be relieved to finally have it out of the way - I'm so glad we drive on the same side of the road in Australia and that I didn't have to go through that! - Melissa xx

Jane said...

Woo hoo! Nervous Nellie gets her licence! I'm *so* delighted for you, my friend. And congrats on the award - so well deserved. J x

American in Bath said...

I think you should sell English rain water. You can then branch out into rain water from each of the counties, and focus on the exfoliating powers of London rain water.

Laura said...

Yay! Congratulations on passing your theory! I knew you would do it! Lx

Hines-Sight said...

I have my "morning" tea. Guess it's afternoon there. Congratulations on a lot of things! The award is great. I also loved learning those tidbits. I, too, LOVE the cat. And congrats on the driving license. I would say as an American, I would call that a huge accomplishment. Driving in London looks so complicated.

Hines-Sight said...

PS. I will have to check out picnik.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Aaah, lovely Laura, THANK YOU!! You've totally made my day! I just read your post out to my husband. It made me so happy!! I completely feel the same about your blog.

And WELL DONE on the test. Do we get to hear about it?

And I love the rainwater idea!! I bet it would sell. Crazeeeee. ;-)

Sxxxx

Tai Tai said...

Congratulations on your award! And thanks for your lovely comment. And I too LOVE Matthew McConaughey, especially sans shirt. Delightful ;)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Cangratulations on both the blogging award and the driver's test. It was fun hearing these tidbits about you.(-:

Beth Dunn said...

I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica
xoxo
SC

Privet and Holly said...

Congrats to one of
my favorite blogging
friends! So happy that
others are discovering
and lauding your lovely
blog!! Sarah and I
just connected recently ~
isn't she a doll? Oh,
the three of us could
have SOME fun nattering
away, as she puts it : )
Yay for passing the driver's
test, too!!! A banner day.
Loved hearing more about you.
xx Suzanne

Emily said...

Yay! and Congrats! By the way, nice new photo!

Emma said...

Costa Rica sounds fabulous and the photos are beautiful! Very interesting list and congrats on your award!

Where My Heart Is said...

As I'm new to your site I clicked on your driving test link - it does make a great blog post so maybe failing was a blessing in disguise?

Fiona said...

Well congratulations to you on two counts ... the blogging award, and passing the driving test.
I so love reading of your adventures in the UK.

Hines-Sight said...

did my first picnik photo today. I think I may be addicted to something else. Like I need to do something else that is going to eat my time.

Laura, Happy Homemaker UK said...

Thank you everyone! I love my readers :) XOL

Jeanne said...

Congratulation Laura...wonderful news about the award and the Theory test!

Thanks for your suggestions on my recent post!!

Jeanne xx

Anonymous said...

costa rica = "beans and rice and sometimes rice and beans"
how dare you keep your water ski dreams from me!!
hope you are having fun!
xoxo julie

i think you will like this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=MLGxdCwVVULXcy8Qv9sIRKAg2c8Fh9nr_h

topchelseagirl said...

Yay well done on passing your theory test! x

Robynne's Nest said...

O.k. lets see....I like the look of your 'happy place'...can't agree about English water (you have to taste Melbourne water)...love the caps but can't water ski to save my life...could go for Matthew but will pass on the other two (if you had mentioned George Clooney I could understand)....Picnik is a pain (but only because I'm slow)...am off bread products at the moment due to a need to lose weight and congrats on getting your U.K. drivers license! Now you can hurtle down the motorways with all the other maniacs in the country. Robx

ALL ABOUT CHOCOLATE CREATIVE... said...

Nice awards, just won it myself as well, so i need to do my list very soon. I hope you can return to that beautiful place soon, I come from a peaceful island which I am hoping to go back soon, London is great and charming but doesn't have my beach and SUN!

kindra said...

well at least i know you haven't lied to me the last few days ;)