02 February 2011

Creative Advertising

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK


While waiting for the train, there is nothing I appreciate more than clever advertising. 
This one caught my eye from Ocado, an online grocery store/delivery service in England and Wales


Source: Ocado Media Centre
(Click on image to enlarge)


Here's a selected close up




How I would have loved to have been in the room, coming up with some of these.
If only the real Periodic Table of Elements was this fun. 

So I contacted Ocado to get a good copy of this to share with you, instead of a photo off my phone :)

Ocado's media representative, Ben Lovett, told me 'We were really pleased with it - and it did well at the awards it was originally created for. We were up against a lot of the 'big boys' - brands with big ad agencies; our creative was all generated by a tiny in-house team'. 

As a finalist, their ad was displayed at the Oxford Circus tube station for a few weeks, which is where I saw it. I just love it ;)

Which is your favorite 'element'?

14 comments:

Raine and Sage said...

Great advert. So clever, and I agree it would have been fun creating these.

Rhi@FlourChild said...

That's brilliant, I love it! Too hard to choose a favourite, they are all making me chuckle. Thanks for sharing. x

Make mine Mid-Century said...

'Dd' for melons is cute!

As is 'Pu' for Nappies!

It's all very clever! Great spotting and thanks for sharing (2U).

Emma said...

That is pure genius and one of the cleverest Billboard advertisements that I have ever seen (and my husband worked in advertising for years!). Dd for melons is a classic!

Hines-Sight said...

That is really interesting.

That is so clever. I'm laughing at number 62. These are really good. So glad you posted this. I keep staring at it, and finding new ones that I like....like by for stain remover.

American in Bath said...

It is one of the things I enjoy about England--cleverness in advertising. Of course I'm using clever in the positive American sense here.

Privet and Holly said...

I wish I could get a
copy of that ~ so cute
and would look great
in the kitchen! Wonder
if you could strike a
deal with the ad agency
to sell those as prints?
Thanks for sharing it
with us ~ so fun : )
xx Suzanne

Beth Dunn said...

I really appreciate a great ad.
xoxo
SC

Leslie said...

So clever! I can't pick a favorite... I always thought advertising would be such a fun job. Maybe in my next life. ;-)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

This is FAB, Laura. I just love coming to your blog. You find such cool stuff.

I like As the best....not sure what that says about me!! And also Wf.

So cool!

1st March is a YES!! Can't wait!

Sxxxx

Suburban Princess said...

That's brilliant!!! I love intelligent marketing :O)

They should've given you a freebie for your free ad!

Tai Tai said...

Cracker! That is brilliant! My fav is definitely Ho...talk about laugh out loud. You made me miss Oxford St too (not so much Oxford Circus tube though) xxx

Carol said...

Very clever. Love the humor in it.
Wf (since I have a dog) though toilet bowl humor rears its head at our house on occasion ;)

Katrin said...

Clever & funny. Love it!