16 February 2011

Sticky Fingers

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK


Collage by Miss C
Photo by Amelia


I first 'met' London artist, Amelia Critchlow, through her blog 101 Bird Tales which piqued my interest in her experimental e-courses. Lucky me, I got to participate in a custom-designed collage workshop with 14 other creative-type friends last month.

Amelia is one of those creative gentle souls. Regretfully we didn't take a photo together, but imagine one here

: )   :)


Amelia provided a warm and welcoming environment, plus canvases and lots of fun extras. We brought our own images and items we wanted to add to our collages. Amelia shared tips on making the collage look 'finished', as well as ideas for good design.


Amelia (in black with ponytail)


The setting? Amelia's sister-in-law, Taina Pearson, is a talented portrait artist who lives in London in a really cool home.

I think everyone walked away really pleased with their collage. Here's a sneak peek of mine with torn out pages from Winnie the Pooh on the sides and images from an Anthropologie catalog on the front.


My Collage
(I love vintage trucks; my daughter loves turtles)


Nothing like a day of friends, tea, and creative-making to feed the soul :)

You can see Amelia's post on the day here and information about her experimental e-courses here

14 comments:

Emma said...

The room where you did the course looks fabulous, lucky you! I adore turtles, can't wait to see the rest of the collage.

Raine and Sage said...

Good for you nurturing your creative soul! What a stylish looking home/venue to get together. Are you planning on getting more into the collage bizzo? I like the colours of your collage and the teacups on the tortoise's back tie in with the load on the back of the tip truck nicely.
This is my year for doing more 'me' stuff. I commence sewing lessons in March, and Bollywood dancing next week. Just for the laugh; the sewing that is. Bollywood dancing I take very seriously.

Beth said...

I do a lot of collage Laura. I also use it at my work and it can be very cathartic and revealing...
It sounds like you had a good time, - who wouldn't in such a lovely setting. x

Laura said...

Looks like a fun day. So wish I had time to do this... anything.... now lets talk about that kitchen... very nice! Lx

American in Bath said...

How fun! And the collage is gorgeous.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How fun collages can be so much fun ~ Yours really turned out great!

topchelseagirl said...

What a fun way to spend a day!

Hines-Sight said...

That's neat, Laura. I loved those tea cups!

Amelia said...

lovely post Laura! and thanks for the link love :) I am imagining that photo of us we never took - but we will get a photo one day I'm sure!

I had such fun too and Taina and I have been planning more! And I'm doing lots of my own experimenting down at the studio recently which is good to get in there myself and try out too!

your finished piece looks gorgeous and so colourful :)

Amelia.x

Michelloui | The American Resident said...

I LOVE collages! This sounds like a lot of fun. My neighbour is a collage artist and I completely admire her skills. Your piece looks great--hope you keep doing collages now.

Jessica {lovely jubbly london} said...

I'm off to look at the site you posted- I would love to do something like this!

Jane said...

How fabulous, Laura! I am just getting into papercraft - Miss India adores 'crafting'. I think there are fun times ahead ☺. But perhaps not as stylish as this setting. J x

Privet and Holly said...

I could just imagine
us, taking this course
together and gabbing
{or nattering as they
say there} and laughing
and creating and having
a ball : ) !! I love your
finished product! Did
you know that I love vintage
trucks, too? I actually
did a post on them last fall,
I think. Happy Friday and
weekend, Laura!
xx Suzanne

Juliette said...

oh wow, that looks like a LOT of fun!! I'm checking out her e-courses now...