06 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee After Party Link Up

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK


What a wonderful week we have had
of celebrating the Queen's sixty year reign
with a flotilla pageant, BBC concert, beacons, a carriage procession, street parties,
and Union Jack bunting everywhere





From television to Twitter,
with square heels, fabulous hats, and a boxy purse,
the Queen has done a magnificent job
of bringing stability and continuity to the country,
changing with the times yet not,
and evolving the Empire to a Commonwealth

Not raised to be a queen until her uncle Edward VIII abdicated in 1936,
Elizabeth's life has had a few twists and turns


While visiting Kenya in 1952,
Princess Elizabeth received the news that not only had her father passed away
but that she was now Queen

She, a mother of two young children and age 25


Made of plants


As the third female monarch,
she is viewed as a calm queen
who doesn't give interviews but often seen waving to crowds
and gives a few public speeches annually

As every gathering has expressed this week,
'Hip-hip-hooray!' 
for the Queen

How have you been celebrating this week?
We can't wait to see
Feel free to add my button to you post - find the code on my sidebar :)
And stop by a few other bloggers to say 'hello'!




Thank you for stopping by this week! It's been great to have you here

- all photos by me -
In This Jubilee Series:


19 comments:

Louise said...

Who alive today will see another reign so long?! A historic event and well worth celebrating! I found this link up via Down by the Sea and will add my post later today when I've written it!

Ariana said...

Laura, I have totally loved reading all of your posts about the Jubilee this week. Thanks for doing such a great job documenting-- and I also found a lot of new information!

Sandra said...

I have enjoyed the Jubilee festivities to the full on the huge TV coverage (I can get 5 British TV channels over here, so I'm spoilt for choice)! I love the framing in your first picture with the Union Jack flags decorating the entrance!
Did you enjoy the Jubilee song called "Sing"? I loved watching how it was being made with Gary Barlow's travels. It's sort of sad that all the wonderful celebrations are over... I miss them already!

loveandlilac said...

Hasn't it been a terrific?! I'm so looking forward to reading all of the posts today.

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Welcome! And see you again soon :)

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Thank you, Ariana!!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

I saw 'Sing' on YouTube and then at the concert (on TV). What a great song! I love how international it was.

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Thanks for linking up today! XOL

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Hi
I was directed here by one of my readers. I linked up my British post!
Cheers,
Julie (in Canada)

Sarah said...

You did a splendid job of covering the festivities for us. I so enjoyed each and every post. Love the lead photo. Is that your home? A totally charming photo! Thanks for hosting this After Party. It was a great idea! I hope others will link up. I love parties!
~ Sarah

erinrichardson said...

You have a beautiful blog! I really enjoyed reading about the Jubilee, through your eyes. I'm about to read about your move to the UK & finding schools here. (I came to the UK in 1984. from the states)

Marsha @Spots and Wrinkles said...

We, too, enjoyed watching the festivities from over on "this side of the pond."

le_third said...

its all been so wonderful and she is such an inspiration - go the QUEEN! le xox

Happy Homemaker UK said...

It is not my home, but close by. Isn't it charming?!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Thank you for linking up, Julie! Welcome to my blog :)

Happy Homemaker UK said...

I'll have to pop over to see your blog :)

erinrichardson said...

Thank you, It's about my art.

erinrichardson said...

ooo you've been there! Thanks for following me : )

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Such interesting information about the queen. She certainly sets a tone for the country. The celebrations sound fun.