09 June 2012

Mug For Anglophiles

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

One last royal bit before I leave the royal theme

I spied this delightful mug
at Liberty




Check out the poem on the back
Such a clever way to remember the order of past monarchs


from Liberty


Ever wondered what the Queen carries in her handbag?

According to Hello! magazine, Queen Elizabeth packs
£5 or £10 for the church plate
a compact
lipstick
handkerchief
glasses

I love the simplicity of it
no iPod or phone
not even a pen

:)

Source: Hello! 18 June 2012

13 comments:

miss b said...

That's such a cute mug - how clever! A trip to London is never complete without a visit to Liberty. I would love to just have a few items in my bag - impossible!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Pom Pom said...

Hi Laura!
Love the mug!

Jenny said...

Love the mug and love Liberty!

greenthumb said...

What a fun mug. I would like my hand bag to be that light.

likeschocolate said...

Cute mug!

Privet and Holly said...

The English history
just astounds me, as
it goes back so, so far,
as evidenced by all
the names on this fun
mug!

Thank you for sharing it!

xo Suzanne

The Jensen's said...

Soon to be expat...excited and terrified. Just sent you an email. Please read when you have time. Thanks Jody

Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog) said...

Love this.

Ali Honey said...

Thanks for sharing that. We on the other side of the world also enjoyed the coverage of the last weekend.

Zosia said...

Oh, those British are so clever,
Without this poem I would never,
Remember all their monarchs' list
I hope you get my gist :-)

Happy Homemaker UK said...

SO CLEVER, YOU!

Paula said...

I love the poem on the mug! Last night I was remembering the order of monarchs since Victoria: Edward, George, Edward, George, Elizabeth! The mug is a perfect way to remember...

Happy Homemaker UK said...

You put that so simply, I'll never forget! Thx :)