19 May 2013

Reporting From The Chelsea Flower Show...


I am off to the Chelsea Flower Show tomorrow

Celebrating its 100th anniversary,
the grandest flower show on earth is this week


(photo from last year)


Armed with a press pass in hand for the private 'celebrity day',
I may catch a glimpse of Prince Harry due to his involvement 
in Sentebale's 'Forget Me Not' Garden
and who knows who else I'll see :)

It is speculated that due to Prince Harry's participation,
tickets sold out in record time this year
and scalpers are asking a whopping £500 per ticket

I'm excited to view the Lady's Slipper, 
Britain's rarest orchid, which has security surrounding it

And there are sure to be stunning and innovate installments
which never disappoint year after year

I can't wait to share it all with you :)

Stay tuned over the next couple of days
for unforgettableness :)

- photo by me -
Source: The Telegraph


More Chelsea Flower Show 2013 posts:

19 comments:

Alison said...

I've never been, but would love to go. Imagine, £500 for a flower show ticket!!

That photo of the flower covered mini is great. Yours?

Ali

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Thank you! Yes it is :)

ann said...

I have missed so many of your posts, but I am back now. I so wanted to take my oldest daughter who is a horticulturist to the Chelsea Flower Show, but if I take one I have to take the other, too. I love the flower covered car because it looks like my first car, an English import--a hillman, a little gray blue convertible. Can't wait to see your photos.

Annie said...

Enjoy your day tomorrow. I have tickets for Thursday so have my fingers crossed for some slightly warmer weather and sunshine!

Michelle said...

I can't wait!!!

Jan said...

I hope you have an amazing time. I lok forward to seeing loads of photos. Jx

louise said...

I'm going for the first time on Thursday and can't wait!

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Louise, you'll love it!

Liene said...

Oh, you lucky duck! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Dave D said...

Scalper??

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Dave- in isolation, you highlight that it sounds like a horrible word :) I'm sure you get the gist - someone who resells tickets at a higher cost.

Denny144 said...

I am soooo jealous! The Chelsea show is on my bucket list. I can't wait to see your photos. Thanks for thinking of us.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I cannot wait to see you photos! It looks like a wonderful show!

Linda said...

Happy Monday to you! I'm sure you're enjoying the day and look forward to your
post!

Iota said...

I can't think of anyone who I would trust more to report on it than you!

Jeanie said...

LOVE the car! You'll have to post much more! It sounds terrific!

annechovie said...

I have always wanted to attend the CFS!! Hope you had a fabulous time and look forward to reading your post.

Riza J said...

This Lady Slipper orchid, is this the same orchid as Minnesota's state flower?

Happy Homemaker UK said...

@Riza - good question. I'm not sure - I think there are a few varieties.