09 May 2013

The Polo Season

Savoring local sports, 
we made our way
to a polo match




Knowing nothing about the sport,
we were happy we brought a smartphone
to educate ourselves during the day

We were surprised by how casual the event was
and that some of the teams were co-ed

We sat in metal bleachers
and bought our food/drink from the nearby caravans

Costing just £5 for the 'picnic ticket',
we found it to be very affordable






The announcer had hilarious commentary

We even helped with 'divot stomping' at half-time
just like in the film 'Pretty Woman'

All in all,
a great way to spend a few hours with the family

- photos by me -


(an unsponsored post)



13 comments:

Pondside said...

There's a polo ground on the island, but we've never gone to watch - I might just go for the picnic if it were a good one!

Joyce said...

We went to the Cartier match in Windsor one year and I loved it. A really impressive game of skill. My daughter is going to a polo match this weekend in Charleston SC...she loves the clothes and an opportunity to wear her super cute hat : )

Tina in CT said...

You and your family are enjoying living in England to the fullest.

What fun you have.

likeschocolate said...

There is something about polo that is so sexy!

Jeanie said...

5 pounds isn't bad at all for a fun time like that! Thanks for showing a new look at this spot!

greenthumb said...

That was a fun thing to do.

Barb said...

Like that action shot of the ponies running. Divot stomping sounds very British!

TexWisGirl said...

it would be cool to experience it in person. :)

thanks for dropping by!

Wendy said...

Loved this post. I've always enjoyed polo and wish that they had had polo clubs where I grew up. I turned to working and driving race and carriage horses instead :)

Down by the sea said...

I;m glad you had a fun time. Your photos bought back happy memories, I always enjoyed the half time walk on the ground.
Sarah x

Jan said...

I'm so glad you got chance to divot stomp! I was never sure if that scene was made up in Pretty Woman!!!! Jx

Lazy Daisy Jones said...

Oh takes me back to my younger days....stomping in those "lumps" in stilettos.....D x

Ana Isabel Navarro said...

Hello! It sounds very well!
Regards! A kiss!